A wallet is a perfect handmade gift, just in time for the giving season...
Make a folding high-quality leather wallet in this introduction to classic leather goods techniques. Choose from three contemporary and accessible designs and master simple techniques to create stylish leather products that you can easily continue with at home.
Working with top quality vegetable-tanned leather in a variety of colours, you will learn how to:
• Select the appropriate leather for a particular project
• Mark up and cut out leather with accuracy
• Saddle-stitch by hand with twin needles
• Create a professional finish with burnishing, bevelling and staining
• Identify a selection of key hand tools and techniques to design and make your own products
Leather expert Katherine Pogson, author of ‘How to Work with leather’ has specialised in bespoke leather accessories and surface treatments since 2000.
In addition to our comprehensive information pack with supplier's guide, step-by-step instructions & tips on techniques, you will also receive three different patterns to keep, and a pair of harness needles to take away and practice with!
A selection of additional tools, materials, thread and sundries will be available to purchase on the day.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
Materials to the value of £25.00 are included in the price of this course. Katherine will supply a selection of her own patterns to choose from, with the option of adapting them to your own design.
The Archivist, Unit V Reliance Wharf, 2-10 Hertford Road, London, N1 5ET
Places – 6
Dates – Sunday 3 December 2017
Times – 10am - 5pm
Cost – £150.00
- Six hours tuition time in a small group of no more than 6 people
- Materials to the value of £25.00
- Three different patterns to keep
- A pair of harness needles to take away
- Snacks & refreshments
- Suppliers information pack
- Use of specialist tools & equipment
- What’s included:
Additional materials & tools may be available to purchase on the day
HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Please get in touch, we love to hear from you. Call us on +44 797 000 5120 or use the contact form.