Make a folding leather wallet or other small accessory in a single day, in this introduction to classic leather working techniques. Choose from a selection of modern and accessible designs and discover a range of simple techniques to create stylish, contemporary leather products that you can easily continue with at home.
Working with top quality vegetable-tanned leather in a variety of colours, you will learn how to:
• Select the correct leather for a particular project
• Mark up and cut out leather accurately
• Saddle-stitch by hand with twin needles
• Create a professional finish with burnishing, bevelling and staining
• Identify a selection of key hand tools and techniques to design and make your own products
Leather expert Katherine Pogson, author of ‘Complete Leatherwork’ has specialised in bespoke leather accessories and surface treatments since 2000.
In addition to our comprehensive information pack with supplier's guide, step-by-step instructions & tips on techniques, you will also receive three different patterns to keep ( from a choice) and a pair of harness needles to take away and practice with!
A selection of additional tools, materials, thread and sundries will be available to purchase on the day.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
Materials to the value of £15 are included in the price of this course. Katherine will supply a selection of different wallet patterns to choose from.
The Artworkers' Guild
6 Queen Square, Bloomsbury
London WC1N 3AT
Places – 8
Dates – Saturday 14 July 2018
Times – 10am - 4pm
Cost – £160
- Materials to the value of £15
- Snacks & refreshments
- Suppliers information pack
- Use of specialist tools & equipment
Additional materials & tools may be available to purchase on the day
HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Please get in touch, we love to hear from you. Call us on +44 797 000 5120