Do you love handbags and accessories and dream of designing your own collections?
This inspiring and fast-paced course shows you how to develop your ideas into original designs.
You will discover how to manipulate gussets, express volume, and interpret hard and soft forms in mock-ups, learning how to transform a vision into a fully resolved pattern. Along the way, we will discuss how to prepare communicate with manufacturers and construct a ‘specification sheet’ for each design.
- Explore shape, volume and proportion to find the keys to expressing your individual style
- Create paper and calico models to test your ideas in 3D
- Begin to resolve construction methods and apply technical markings
- Produce a resolved pattern ready to make up into a toile or prototype
This course is open to beginners as well as improvers who want to take their ideas to the next level. Appealing to those thinking of, or in the early stages of launching a brand, as well as those who just love the creative process of developing designs for their own satisfaction, this course offers the opportunity to work with like-minded participants and gain valuable feedback and encouragement, as well as insider-information on how to take things to the next stage.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
Materials to the value of £15.00 are included in the price of this course. A full information pack with details of essential tools, equipment and suppliers will be provided, and we will discuss how to source materials, and the options for making and manufacture.
36 New End Square
Places – 6
Dates – Saturday 20 May 2017
Cost – £150.00
- Materials to the value of £15.00
- Use of specialist tools & equipment
- Snacks and refreshments
- Suppliers information pack