A wallet is a perfect handmade gift, just in time for the giving season...
Make a folding leather wallet or other small accessory, in this introduction to classic leather working techniques. Choose from a selection of modern and accessible designs and discover a range of simple techniques to create stylish, contemporary leather products that you can easily continue with at home.
Working with top quality vegetable-tanned leather in a variety of colours, you will learn how to:
• Select the appropriate leather for a particular project
• Mark up and cut out leather accuratel
• Saddle-stitch by hand with twin needles
• Master professional edge-finishes with burnishing, bevelling and staining
• Identify a selection of key hand tools and techniques to design and make your own products
Leather expert Katherine Pogson, author of ‘Complete Leatherwork’ has specialised in bespoke leather accessories and surface treatments since 2000.
In addition to our comprehensive information pack with supplier's guide, step-by-step instructions & tips on techniques, you will also receive three different patterns to keep ( from a choice) and a pair of harness needles to take away and practice with!
A selection of additional tools, materials, thread and sundries will be available to purchase on the day.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
Materials to the value of £25 are included in the price of this course. Katherine will supply a selection of her own patterns to choose from, with the option of adapting them to your own design.
36 New End Square
Places – 8
Dates – Saturday 3 & Sunday 4 December 2016
Times – 10am - 5pm
Cost – £325
- Materials to the value of £25
- Snacks & refreshments
- Suppliers information pack
- Use of specialist tools & equipment
Additional materials & tools may be available to purchase on the day
HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Please get in touch, we love to hear from you. Call us on +44 797 000 5120 or use the contact form.