Make your own handbag in leather or fabric over six evenings...
Conceive, design and experiment with craft techniques to create your own leather handbag or other fashion accessory ideas under the supportive eye of our expert, Katherine Pogson.
Look at current trends, and explore sewing, construction and finishing techniques for bags and other leather accessories.
Each session introduces a new technique or process, followed by time to develop your own design project with support from Katherine.
- Adapt pattens to your own design
- Try out different construction techniques for working leather by hand or machine (lightweight leather)
- Practice adding zips, pockets and handles
- Insert metal fittings with confidence
If you have a particular project or idea you would like to develop, please do get in touch - our small class size means we can tailor the course plan to your needs!
- Returning students can develop more ambitious projects and techniques - just get in touch to discuss your ideas.
By the end of this course, you should have a finished prototype of your own original design and material choice.
MATERIALS AND RESOURCES
PLEASE NOTE: Materials for specific design projects are not included in the price of this course. Depending on your design, you may expect to budget between £30 - £50 for materials. You will be given advice and support on sourcing your own materials, and there will be options to purchase a range of leathers, linings and fittings in class.
Finsbury Park - email for details.
Places – 8
Dates – 6 Wednesdays, 9 May - 13 June 2018
Time – 6 - 8.30PM
Cost – £290.00*
- Use of specialist equipment
- Snacks and refreshments
- Suppliers information pack
- Detailed handouts and instructions
* PLEASE NOTE: Basic materials and tools for practising techniques are included, but you may need to budget £30+ for a specific personal design project.
Additional materials will be available to purchase, and advice and support on sourcing and selecting specific materials is given as part of the course.