Leather fashion accessories short courses in London.
Choose from evenings, weekends, a summer school and one-to-one tuition at venues across London.
WHAT MAKES DESIGNER COURSES SPECIAL?
The key is in the title – design.
Our practical, hands-on approach combines classic craftsmanship with contemporary design, and an emphasis on individual experimentation.
“I am passionate about the role of creativity in people’s lives. Instilling the confidence to develop original ideas is the thing I enjoy most” leather designer and author Katherine Pogson, who founded Designer Courses in 2005.
Subjects covered include:
- How to source, select and treat leather for different accessory products
- Leather accessory design development and pattern-cutting
- Moulding and wet forming vegetable-tanned leather
- Surface manipulation including embossing, stamping,carving, foiling, stud work, intrecciato weaving, embroidery and many more decorative accessory techniques
- Advice on choosing machinery, tools and equipment and accessing manufacture
Leather accessory projects include:
- Bags and purses
- Laptop and phone cases
- Light leather goods including wallets, belts, card holders, coin carriers, boxes
- Cycling accessories
- And many more…
We have the following dates coming up soon:
Handbag projects from previous Designer Courses handbag design and making students
FEATURED ACCESSORY DESIGN COURSE
Learn how to make sculptural forms in leather for fashion accessories such as bags, containers and phone cases.
Discover the wonderful properties of vegetable-tanned leather in this fascinating weekend course. Learn how to make your own moulds and wet-mould leather to make sculptural forms including bowls, boxes and bags, and adapt these to create small containers including coin, card and phone cases.
HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Please get in touch, we love to hear from you. Call us on +44 797 000 5120 or use the contact form.