Leather bag design and making short courses in London.
Learn fashion handbag design and making techniques - choose from evenings, weekends, summer school and one-to-one tuition at venues across London.
Designer Courses students include business start-ups, designers from other disciplines and talented amateurs. Group sizes are small, with plenty of time for individual attention.
- Handbag design development and range planning
- Pattern-cutting for handbags
- Handbag prototyping, testing and sampling
- Leather handbag construction techniques: machine sewing, hand stitching, seam variations
- Specialist leather techniques for handbags: sourcing materials, skiving and edge-treatments
- Handbag finishing techniques: pockets, handles, linings, zips and other metal fittings
- Advice on choosing machinery, tools and equipment and accessing manufacture
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
The key is in the title – design.
Our practical, hands-on approach combines classic craftsmanship with contemporary design, and an emphasis on individual experimentation.
“I am passionate about the role of creativity in people’s lives. Instilling the confidence to develop original ideas is the thing I enjoy most” leather designer and author Katherine Pogson, who founded Designer Courses in 2005.
Dates coming up soon:
Handbag projects from previous Designer Courses handbag design and making students
OUR NEXT BAG DESIGN COURSE
Mini versions of high-fashion handbags are the accessory of the moment!
Choose from a collection of cute, fashion-forward styles including mini-duffel, mini-backpack and mini boxbag and make your very own by hand on this fast-paced course!
The Art Workers' Guild
6 Queen Square
London WC1N 3AT
HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Please get in touch, we love to hear from you. Call us on +44 797 000 5120 or use the contact form.